I hope you have had a great weekend. It is so nice to finally have the doors and windows open!!!!!
For camp, we would like to meet starting at 3:30 on Friday in the school parking lot. We would also like to ask that each girl bring a sack dinner (sandwich/salad) and a drink, to save money and time for our dinner on Friday night. This will allow us to get to camp early to get the good bunks!! :) Make sure you get your camping list ready!!
I wanted to give a recap of our first meeting, tell you what is in store for our next meeting, provide a few updates on activities, and ask for answers to some questions. Whew! I have color coded some requests: Purple is an answer or form needed from parents.
Green is something the girls need to do.
Also: our blogsite: troop1083az.blogspot.com
Meeting Minutes from 9/29:
Camp prep: We worked on our America Cares patch. More info is posted in the links section on the blogsite. Some of the girls had not reviewed the requirements, so the following said they would bring to the NEXT MEETING, Tuesday. We are making a poster to take to camp:
- Olivea: Photo of Francis Scott Key
- Haydyn: Photo of the original and today's American Flag
- Layla: Words to Star Spangled Banner
- Maya/Aria: Words to the American Creed
- Tiana: Words to the Pledge of Allegiance (original and today's if you can find it)
- NOTE: Please print these, so that we can use them on our poster.
Swaps: The girls need to make about 20 SWAPs. Information on blogsite. These are for swapping with other girls. They can be made out of craft foam, beads, anything. They need to be able to attach via safety pin, etc. I will bring some examples to our meeting.
I have asked each girl to find a small binder, one inch thick will work, to keep her girl scout papers in...Any badge work, etc.
Inchworm of Service: Each girl was given an Inchworm of Service Sheet. Each segment counts as one hour of service. We will fill these in either as we complete activities as a troop, or as each girl completes hours on her own.
Meeting Agenda for 10/13:
Make poster for America Cares patch
Learn graces for camp
Review Flag ceremony
Discuss Camp behavior
Any other Camp prep
Upcoming Activities:
Camp!! Next weekend! I hope you are getting ready, checking the packing list, also posted on the blogsite.
Powder Puff Derby: This is not a troop activity, but a Neighborhood Activity. ( Groups of schools/troops are organized into clusters, called Neighborhoods.) This is a Dad and girl activity or Significant Guy and girl. If you are interested, please contact Patience at GirlScoutTroop1088@gmail.com to rsvp so that she can order a patch. Details are posted on the blog site.
ASHA Walkathon: November, Sunday am. $10 per girl to participate. I would suggest doing chores/odd jobs to raise money. Molly and I had a lemonade stand to raise our funds. Details are posted on the blogsite.
Kiwanis Splash a thon: So far, I only have rsvps from Haydyn, Rhea and Layla. If you want to go, I need to know to sign us up in advance. The troop funds will pay for the admission, and the event is on 12/5. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.
I am creating our information packets for our drivers for camp. I would like to include a picture of your girls, GOD FORBID, in case of emergency, so that we can provide one quickly. Please send me a jpg of your daughter, and I will print them out.
Paperwork/Housekeeping: all registration forms are complete--THANKS!
1) Health forms/Permission forms:
Need the Edwards girls forms returned--this is the blue card I gave you!
Olivea: Need her health form completed--Tina, I will give this to you on Friday.
Layla: Need this form. See attached.
Roxi and Sylvia: Need yours. See attached.
2) Council Dues to be paid: (This is the $12 council fee that was pre-paid by the troop last year, and this is a pay-back to the troop)
Sylvia/Roxy
Layla
Tiana (I'm not sure about this, let me know if you did pay!)
PAID:
Sarah
Molly
Haydyn
Rhea
Olivea
Maya
Aria
No comments:
Post a Comment